Monday, October 12, 2009

I have been trying to get alot of input for my Jesse Reno. The same comments keep popping up:
What is it?
What is it supposed to be?

At first this made me angry because art isn't supposed to be anything, it should be exactly what it is to the viewer, even if this isn't what the creator intended. I think people like to have a basis from which they judge art. They like to have a image to can compare the piece with, and from which to judge. I want to make art like we did when we were kids. Make art and call it whatever we want. That big scribble, no that's not a flower- its mommy. And if the viewer doesn't understand what it is, maybe they will get a feeling instead or an impression of something outside their everyday thoughts. I just want more freedom to make art for myself. To challenge people to think outside their box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhW7FLo6peU

No comments:

Post a Comment