Monday, January 4, 2010

I'm having some issues trying to download these photos, so i guess every one will just have to wait with bated breath for my "in progress" pictures. I should have done an in progress journal so i could have ranted and raved about how much trouble my jellyfish drawing was.

So i have a favorite artist who does amazing work. She takes drawings of people and abstracts them. Somehow she achieves twisting, writhing, milky effect so the subject appears as if seen through smoke. It's amazing. Her name is Maureen Gubia and this her website:
http://gubia.neurasthenic.net/
I tried some of her techniques, but they didn't quite work out for me. Her hair is alot of fun to recreate. t did an abstracted portrait of my little brother and the hair was by far the best part.
see you all at school!



No comments:

Post a Comment