Monday, February 8, 2010

ok so this isn't really art related, but I am all shook up and were supposed to use this as an outlet right?
I had my Brown interview today, and it doesn't get any more nerve wraking than that. Some key moments were when the alumn told me that usually only one of all the kids he interviews actually gets in. The he said about twelve kids in the entire state of Oregon actually get accepted. Then at the end of the interview he asked me about my accomplishments. I told him I took first place in the George Fox shoe, got gold keys in Scholastic, and other artsy accomplishments. He respond by asking if I done anything else, saying that one kid interned at OHSU and another wrote published articles. He asked " Haven't you done anything like that?" I felt more then a little bit inadequate. No I have not published a book or been to the moon. I am a good student and a good artist. I am free spirit and a unique individual. But it was painfully apparent that I do not have the "Je ne sais quois" that Brown students should have. He was a nice enough guy but I feel I must kiss my Brown hopes goodbye and turn my dreaming elsewhere.

1 comment:

  1. :( sorry to hear this
    i think youve got as good of a shot as anyone else

    ReplyDelete