Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I went on an amazing road trip this spring break. Nikk and I packed up everything we thought we might possibly need and drove from here to the redwoods to sanfransico to santa barbara LA and finally finished at the san diego zoo. San Diego zoo is the most amazing zoo i had ever visited and the animals are all set up in their cages so its always easy to see them. We got to watch two huge grizzly bears wrestle (playfully), they would tackle eachother and throw seaweed and one divebombed the other into thier pool of water, they were great. I sketched the whole time and got some interesting drawings. It was a bit of a struggle because the animals were always moving. Santa barbara was the most beautiful place I have ever been and I am probably going to go there for school next year. LA was crazy and hetic but I loved Venice beach and I have this great new dream to be a street artist and sell my stuff on the boardwalk. Some of the things they were selling were ridiculous and Im sure some creature art and felted things would be snatched up in a hurry. Of course San Fransisco was wonderful and I got to shop on Haight street, which is home to my favorite store. I got to play with my grandmas art stuff when I was in San Fransisco. She lives right by there and she does art all day everyday. One of my pieces was done there. All in all it was a wonderful inspiring trip. I came home full of ideas and I can't wait to get back down there this summer

No comments:

Post a Comment