Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This past weekend I went on my college visit to Miami. I was potentially going to go there and become a marine biologist. While I love the area (and the cuban food) I will not be going there next year. I heard that the teachers there are more about research then teaching, and thus the classes suffer. Also the classes outside of the marine bio and pre med weren't all that great. Instead next year I will be going to Whitman, a small liberal arts school in Walla Walla Washington.
Whitman has a beautiful next arts department, it is 4 stories tail and shaped like a credent moon. On side of the building is entirely glass walls. and the studious that they have for seniors are entirely glass rooms. They had a wonderful printmaking shop, a wood shop and a metal working shop. I must say the ceramics left something to be desired, however I spoke with the head of the art department and he was very supportive. I know that next year I will either double major or minor in art, and become a part of the small but strong art force at Whitman.

No comments:

Post a Comment